Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trinkets to Wear


Bought at $1.16 at A&W, Ayala Center in Cebu City
Earrings are a woman's signature.  Through the years, women are so in love with these little beauty catchers that they cannot live with just one pair.

They want many and various sets of these pieces to match the clothes they wear, the occasion they attend to, and the mood they are in.

Ear ornaments, as I may call them, can go from very expensive to unknown value, from elegant to simple, from outrageous to hardly-seen.

Other females who are ostentatious enough like to wear them big and pricey; they really feel good carrying themselves publicly with those valuable ones beside their cheeks.


Handmade tiny pearls bound together as grape-style
dangles bought from an office mate for $1.16 a pair
I, myself, have a penchant for earrings so I keep a small box of these.  Some, I really love to wear, while others, are just so pretty for my collection.
Price: $2.79 a pair from the
Muslims in Robinson's Manila


I have four pairs acquired recently from a boutique in Ayala Center in Cebu City and from a former office mate who supervises a cottage industry of jewelry and accessory making by unemployed mothers funded by the Philippine government. These types, I tell you, are good for special occasions and not for daily wear.

There is also another one which I'd like to include in this story.  I got it almost two years back while I was in Manila. I found it so cute, almost childlike, that I decided to buy it for future use.

Check them all out!

--- Ireen ---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...