Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beginning with Empty


Impeccable timing, setting the mood just right. Ella Fitzgerald singing behind me, theme song from the Wizard of Oz, Somewhere Over the Rainbow.


To count exactly, it's been 14 days since I left the world of development work. I told myself I will never be coming back. A job that would give you totally natural high for doing something good for other people, for nation building, for future's generation sake. That had me busy for one point five years. Sacrifices, sacrifices everywhere!


Just got an SMS from my junior worker, er, former junior worker, telling me that my replacement just came in, reporting for duty. I told her that I would be dropping by the office the day after tomorrow to orient the newbie.




Pressing on the letters on my phone, I said, "This is it, I think". My inbox is full, and so my life, I think further. It's time to unload, to empty it out!

Is that possible? Am gathering all the positive vibes in the world, and they're telling me it's okay. For what is good about life is that every day offers endless possibilities; it's just a matter of choosing what's good and meaningful, something that would make you happy, not just for now, but for the long run.



I'll start empty. With all smiles and eyes closed, it will just be like planting another seedling when the previous one didn't make it through; like filling up my cup of coffee again after it got spilled; like waking up in the morning because I know I have a new day waiting for me. 

It's, plainly, starting anew, welcoming another life's chapter, building a new "cathedral" with all-improved features. 

I'll start empty. Let me start with emptying my phone's inbox, then play with my kids.

- Ireen -




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...